Wednesday, December 20, 2006

KIDS


This pic is of my friend Cheryl and I at my hens night. By this stage I am getting seriously sloshed.....as you can see!

I have a new appreciation for Cheryl (and other women like her!) who has 2 kids, a husband, 2 jobs and competes! How she juggles all that I do not know.


Well I am experiencing a lifestyle which is VERY VERY different to my own at the moment…………..and I haven’t really warmed to it!

My bridesmaid was married on the weekend and I am looking after the children whilst they are away. I never realised how “inconvenient” kids make your life. I can no longer just up and go to the gym or down to the shops to do my Christmas shopping.

I have done a very good job of wearing them out so they hit the sack at a reasonable time. This morning was the first morning I didn’t have to wake them up! I know they’ll be sleeping in tomorrow though. We went for a big bush walk this morning and I’ll take them down the park this afternoon.

I feel like I’ve been slack so I am going to set up a circuit in the park this avo and do a workout while they play. I bought a couple of sets of dumbbells down and a medicine ball. There is a fit ball here, so I am not going to allow me to make any more excuses! I’m getting excited just thinking about it. The kids will no doubt join in for a few exercises so that will help wear them out completely : )

The wedding on the weekend was great. It felt nice looking on to see my best friend of more than ½ of our lifetime marry a wonderful guy. Aaaah, just love weddings!

I am on leave until January 2, cant wait to get home and be on leave. I’m planning a big New Years Eve out. G has New Years Eve off this year so I am feeling like going out partying. I will be starting my comp prep in the first week of January. Straight into it. I have set my sights high on my goals this year.

5 Comments:

At 1:41 pm, Blogger Ali said...

Have a wonderful Christams and new year, what a lovely gesture having your friends kids :)

Alixxx

 
At 1:43 pm, Blogger Janew said...

Hello Di,hope you dont mind Ive just been reading your blog for the first time :) WOW how good are your piccies of you competing...what a bod!

Congratulations on your wedding too!

jane :)

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Pip said...

Hey there Di!

You seem to be doing mighty fine on the 'no excuses' thing with setting up exercise opportunities despite looking after kiddies! I'm sure the kids find you fun and are enjoying their time with you!

All the best for New Years Eve. First New Years eve married deserves some fun!

I'm with you on a top effort in 2007. For me gotta get all areas of my life going in a favourable direction at once, - keep this up for a year and beyond! AND my first goal is under 20% BF and a 28 inch waist by the time you compete, - my little background attempt in Perth to keep up with you. A bit of an ask for me but I'll keep up with your momentum!!!

Pip

 
At 4:40 pm, Blogger Jodi said...

Your comp photos are sensational, you looked fantastic!!

I just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new years.

Take care and wishing all the best for the year to follow!

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

I thought G had kids and you were "Super Mom" already?

Hope you and your have a very Happy Holiday Season!!

XX - Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home