Monday, November 27, 2006

Life is Short





This tiger was a bit fiesty! It scared me....wouldn't you be with those fangs?!!!









The photo on the left was the view across the pool and ocean as we sunbaked!!!

The top photo is the newly weds on one of our many nights out to dinner. This night we had been at the resort for about 4 days and had overconsumed so much food we only at protein at this meal. I felt so much better for it the next day.

Well I got a big shock last week when my brother had a stroke. He is only 39 years of age. So young. I spun out and automatically thought the worse after Gerards brother lost a battle with a brain tumor 2 years ago. So I spent lots of time reflecting on life over the weekend.

We set up our new home office on the weekend. It was good fun fumbling through that together with Gerard. Neither of us a very IT savvy. So we spent lots of time surfing the net over the weekend. I did a cardio stair session down the beach Saturday. The family (gerard, arnie and I!) walked down to the beach and the boys played on the sand while I ran up and down 103 stairs. My calves are sooooo sore. Yesterday I went for a hill run in the afternoon followed by a walk with Arnie.

I also bought my bridesmaid dress over the weekend. The wedding is cocktail style so the dress is definitely rewareable, which is great. We washed the cars together yesterday. I cooked a nice dinner on Saturday night. We had oysters for an entree and for main couscous with sundried tomatoe and prawns topped with pork cutlet. I found the most delicious dessert. Weis have a macadamia, mango and cream combo which is UNBELIEVABLE. Luckily they only come in 1 litre tubs ; )

So back to work today and it seriously sucks. Oh, something else, I received a call last week to advise I had been selected for a business scholarship! Yippee, can't wait to start studying that.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 pm, Blogger Ali said...

AWESOME PICS!!! that one with G and the tiger is GREAT!!

So terribly sorry to hear about your brother Di, my thoughts and prayers to him and all your family

Alixxx

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger little rene said...

Sorry to hear your sad news Di.

Life is certainly hard and depressing at times. But it makes you appreciate all of the good things doesn't it?

Thinking of you

love

renexxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home