Thursday, October 19, 2006

Loving DOMS

I am sore sore sore,not as sore as Sue sounds but maybe I'll have a sore butt after tonight too as it is leg night for me. I had a great chest and tricep workout last Tuesday night. One of the guys at the gym was at the show on Saturday night and is keen to compete next year. He will be a grand masters!

We did stretching at college last night and it felt soooooo good. I seriously neglect my stretching - do you? I am going to make a conscious decision to stretch more consistently. Several years ago I had a stretching program prescribed to me as I was assessed as having overtight hammies and calves and over developed quads. This trainer was as blunt as a hammer and told me I'd never lose my big butt until I "rebalanced" myself. He's lucky I'm not a softy as I'm sure so many people would have cringed and ran with his bluntness. I gave him feedback about how rude he was : ) Most of the assisted stretches we were doing last night were progressions of the program I was given - and failed to be consistent with. So I'll test his theory and stretch consistently and see whether I can lose that final bit of butt fat I have always held onto when competing.

I am having mixed feelings about Gerard training me for the April comp. I am excited about being pushed and achieving my PB's but I am also scared at how hard he will be pushing me! I know I am going to cop a caning. You know that scared exhilaration feeling?!! I'm already getting nervous.

I had this morning as my cardio free morning. I had a later night to bed last night. Had to watch Survivor after we got home from college. I really need to get my VCR set up to tape. So in order to get a decent amount of sleep I stayed in bed until 6.45am. I could have slept for an extra 2 hours! I am feeling so tired lately. It has made me consider how exhausted people with chronic fatigue must feel.

We bought a coffee machine yesterday with some of the gift vouchers we received for our wedding gifts. Then we went to "House" shop to look at what we could get with our vouchers from there. I couldn't find anything, so thought I'd wait until a need arose rather than buying something for the sake of it.

I am going to do some mulching and gardening this weekend and ring the real estate to organise the paper work to get the house on the market. I've started planning and researching for our next holiday too! We are going to take the children for their first overseas holiday to Fiji. We are going to go straight after the October comps next year. Gerard has decided to compete again in 2007, so it will be great to head straight off after that. We will leave looking all buff and probably come back bloated from all the pina coladas! What's life if you can't live a little!

2 Comments:

At 3:05 pm, Blogger Sue Heintze said...

Hey you :) Thanks for the link, I keep checking the old one but no action :) Good to hear you all fired up - me too. Must chat soon Mrs B!! I guess we can do that whilst watching the INBA Nationals together! Tickets will be at the door. Catch ya soon!
x
PS I stretch and it doesn't get rid of my butt :) I wish it were that easy...

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger Miss Positive said...

Found you! Good to hear that we're going to see you back on stage again next year, although it does sound a bit scary being trained by your hubby - bet he'll train you even harder than anyone else!

Hilary xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home