Monday, October 23, 2006

Beach Shack For Sale

Well it is now official, the shack is on the market. We signed on the dotted line yesterday, so we will see what happens. We spent most of the weekend doing jobs around the house. Finally cleaned up outside the laundry and put a garden in. Shovelled loads of mulch into a bin and carried it down the back yard to the garden. We are on a steep block and this is a major mission. I did all the shovelling to burn extra calories : ) Gerard killed a black snake in the garden! It was sleeping under the pavers we moved, it was only small thank goodness. We also did a load to the tip. I just love gardening. I find it so therapeutic. Yesterday we spent lots of time inside the house. Scrubbed the bathroom till it was shiny and then the kitchen.

We are heading down to Melbourne to watch the Nationals this weekend. I'm really looking forward to catching up with SUE and getting all motivated by watching the show. While we are there the agent will be taking people through the house. So Arnie will have to go to prison this weekend. No doubt he would scare the people looking through.

We were meant to go on a "date" to the movies last night. But we ended up running late after the agent visited so I made a nice dinner and we watched a DVD instead. We watched the Anthony Hopkins movie - The Last Indian. It was great. I had seen previews at the movies and thought it looked a bit lame, but it was really good.

I trained legs on Thursday afternoon. It has been a while since I did a decent leg session. I finished 2 sets of squats and went to rack up for the third and my legs screamed at me! I thought OMG I am going to be sore tomorrow. They weren't even that heavy, only 50kgs. It's amazing how you can feel it after having time off. So I soldiered on - did walking lunges, leg ext, leg curls and followed with a really good stretch. So I was hobbling around for the following couple of days. I was really tired on Friday so I went home and rested after work instead of the gym.
So I'm rocking and ready to hit my shoulders and abs! Time to start doing some weighted ab work. I don't feel anything when I do unweighted and can go on and on and on without fatiguing. I need to get my shoulders and abs popping for the April comp. My nutrition has been great. The only downfall has been that we are having a skinny capaccino every day! The novelty has not yet worn off from the new gadget. The children thoroughly enjoyed baby chinnos on the weekend.

I felt great on my run this morning. Arnie and I headed out and did a full 40 minutes this morning. He had so much energy. So I've finally broken out of the slug mode and am fired up and motivated!

1 Comments:

At 12:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Di. That's great that you're coming down this weekend, can't wait to catch up again and hear all about the wedding and honeymoon. :o) xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home