Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Go You Good Thing!

Firstly, I tried to download the tiger pics for you Michelle but they wouldn’t work!

It seems like aaaggggees since I have been here. What have I been up to?!

I’ve met Zachary William Pyle! I met him when he was only 1 day old! Such a little innocent being. Rachel was unbelievably relaxed in her motherhood role. She is a natural. It is just meant to be for some people I believe. As for me………I’ve extended my decision until 40 – was originally 35 but that is only months away and I am definitely not ready or willing at the moment!

Speaking of babies – my bestfriend (who was my bridesmaid) is pregnant again! She only gave birth 3 weeks before our wedding. She is a breeding machine. So the date of her wedding has been bought forward to mid December now. I’m going to be a bridesmaid again : )

My hubby and I trekked down to Melbourne to watch the Nationals. We had the pleasure of spending the day sitting with the lovely Sue Heintze and Ali. I had met Ali briefly previously but it was great to get to know her. We all had a great time and I consumed A LOT of coffee that day! Also had a chance to see Liz, Katie, Lia, Sam and meet Kristy and J-L.

The quality of the competitors was just outstanding. My favourite of the day was Sally Milne. OMG, she has an awesome body. If I had competed I would have been in her class! Quite a major wake up call if I do say so. It was really interesting to see the differences in physiques of the competitors who I also saw at the July show. Some had deteriorated significantly, whilst there were several people who were markedly improved. It is amazing how long term dieting affects people differently. I felt very comfortable with my decision not to compete following the wedding. Watching the comp certainly relit my desire to compete again. I am very pleased that it will be a little over a year from my last comp by the time I step on stage again. After competing in April O5, October 05 x 2 and April 06, I was feeling a little burnt out.

So my comp plans at this stage are to do a Qld show in May and possibly the All Womens Show in July. There has been a bit a shake up in the federations in Qld. It is my understanding the president of INBA is no longer, so Im not sure what will be happening with Qld INBA shows. I am considering another federation, perhaps WFF which run in conjunction with the NABBA shows. I must do some research and make a decision. Otherwise, July in Melbourne it will be!

So given all that, I have been training like a maniac! Absolutely caning my abs. I was only 4 plates off cable crunching the entire stack of weights last week! I was excited by that, grunting and groaning away in my own little world : ) Today I have chest and triceps. My workouts have been longer. I am now training for a full hour – with no talking : ) I am quite antisocial at the gym. Although not good for business it is good for working out : ) I am also back into my running. I so enjoy running, it makes me feel great.

So that is training and comp world. Now to the rest of my life – we had an open house on the weekend. We are having another one this weekend. We have had lots of positive feedback about the house and presentation but these people don’t count because they don’t have enough money!

I have been doing lots of research for my business set-up. I’m dreaming of not working for the government any longer. I actually don’t enjoy coming to work anymore. I used to really enjoy my job but it officially sucks now. I feel down when I come in to this environment so it is seriously not good.

I have started working with a lady who I met at the QLD ANB show. She wants to compete in physique category. She has some unbelievable muscle on her. When she leans down she is going to look awesome. So we are tackling her prep in 2 stages with Stage 1 leading up to Christmas before Stage 2 kicks in.

I was just looking at a website www.fitnessexpo.com.au I think I’ll go down to the Brisbane expo for a looksy.

I am starting a 12 week challenge from tomorrow. I always wait until a Monday to start my dieting but I am doing lots of things different now! One of my strategies to help me overcome my challenges. So I will be posting info about my progression with this from here on.

Well it’s Melbourne Cup day today (can’t believe only Victoria gets the holiday!). The social club is putting on a lunch and I am the judge for the hat competition. So it will be interesting to see some of the hats. The rule was that the hat had to be made out of items from the office! So the stores cupboard has been suitably raided!

So till next time – Go You Good Thing!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Bummer about the Tiger pics!

I saw Rachael's post about little Zachary - he is BEAUTIFUL!!!! They are very blessed!!

Definitely sounds like it's time for you to pursue other career options.

Talk Soon!

Michelle

 
At 5:30 pm, Blogger Sue Heintze said...

You ARE a busy little bee aren't ya? :) Was good to read about what you have been up to, even though we email most days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home