Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Graduation



I forgot to mention my graduation in my catch up post. Whilst I was MIA I had a graduation ceremony for a qualification I completed through work. We had to dress up in gowns and it was rather exciting! We went out and celebrated after the ceremony and I was very very sick the following day. I don't handle alcohol very well.

I didn't end up accepting that job either. Thank you to everybody who sent me good luck wishes about that. They wanted to negotiate the money and I said no. Since then I have actually been really enthusiastic about my job. Funny how things happen.

Gerards surgery went well today. Thank you to everybody for sending well wishes. Hopefully this will be the last of the skin cancers. Especially now that we have the spray tanning business. I must say he has developed tanarexia. Every 5 days at the maximum I have to tan him! Beats soaking in the sun though.

We picked up the keys for our rental property today. It is a brand new house so it is lovely and clean. The area is great for bike riding. No gigantic hills that put you off riding! The kids will love it. Although I will miss being able to walk past the ocean every morning. But it's not forever, we'll be back soon I hope. Lots of work to do over the next few days so I'll probably catch up with you all next week!

8 Comments:

At 12:21 pm, Blogger Tara said...

Hiya Di, I think you will love it over this side of town :) remember the beach is only a few minutes drive away :) anytime u feel like a companion to walk with you and Arnie, just let me know. Glad to hear that Gerard's surgery went well!! here's hoping they got it all hey!! you sound like me when we moved. I had it all unpacked and put away pretty much by nightfall the day we moved in. Good luck with it all matey.

Tara xxxx

 
At 7:41 pm, Blogger Kimmy said...

Hi Di, congratulations - you look very intelligent in your gown - how exciting. Look after that hunk of a man of yours and good luck with the moving.
Live with Passion
Kimmy

 
At 7:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Di, you must be proud of yourself. :o)

How have you been since we spoke at the all female?

Lia xx

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger Ali said...

congratulations Di, hope your move went very well and that Gerard has fully recovered from surgery,

Alixx

 
At 6:21 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

look at you! That's one thing I have never got - a photo in a grad gown! Hope to catch up soon xx

 
At 10:23 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

YIPPEE!! Graduation!

And the business is doing well...

And G is well........

How did the move go for you?

XX - Michelle

 
At 9:10 am, Blogger Flea said...

Congrats on the graduation, you look very smart, it makes me look fw to mine in hummm.. many years to come LOL.

 
At 10:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graduating is such a nice feeling and a great reward hey Di! Just wanted to say a big congrats and a get better to your husband and I sure he is now well on the road to a speedy recovery. Thanks for always popping by a posting a comment for me. Its always great to hear from you. I start posing with Jo Rogers next.. wish me luck. Still no plans in place to get to the Sunny Coast- they changed since the break up but anyhow one of these days I hope to meet you in person. Say hi to Sue for me :o)
Love Shells

 

Post a Comment

<< Home