Sunday, June 10, 2007

Welcome To The World



My little nephew Cooper. What a gorgeous little bundle he is. And who would have thought I'd get all clucky. Such precious innocent little things. It certainly made me contemplate my priorities in life. Last Friday my best friend Ghislayne gave birth to her 4th child, a little girl named Emma. I am surrounded by bubbas. I wonder.......

Well it's been a while since I've posted. I arrived in Sydney the day Genevieve gave birth. Also over that weekend I went to help Christy get ready for her first show. She looked gorgeous, very feminine and at ease on stage. She came 2nd in the Novice Figure line up. While at the show I also had the please of meeting Hillary, Nicc and Nicole. I had a great time that day. Castle Hill RSL is the best RSL I have ever been to. Unlike Christy, I pigged out at lunch time.......oh, and dinner. I even had tirimisu for dessert : ) Piggsy

I have had better weeks than the last couple of weeks. A couple of stressful incidents with work. I will have a case going to the commission in the future. I will be meeting with the lawyers next week.......one of many things. Plus I managed to come down with some germs after we returned from Sydney. Knocked me out for a few days. I tried to go for a walk last weekend, poor Arnie hadn't been walked for a whole week. I didn't fare too well, we were home within 20 minutes.

Yesterday I went back to the gym. I did a leg workout and I am so freakin sore it is unbelievable. I don't usually get affected by DOMS when I am training regularly, but I obviously pushed it a little too hard for my first workout back. My hamstrings scream at me everytime I try to walk.

I have made a decision to compete at the Nationals this year. I qualified in April, so I have decided I'll step up to the challenge again. I have just finished putting my diet together and my training schedule. It feels good to have a focus again. I have been rather lost over the last week, have felt like I have so much spare time, I'm not used to that. But that is about to change. I start my new training schedule tomorrow - straight into it. I'm really excited now that I have established some goals. So I will get back into the swing of training and I then start studying again in July. I will lose 2 nights per week going to college. So then I will feel like I have no spare time : ) I bought a note book today, I've decided to create my own motivation journal. I'm going to carry it with me everywhere!

We decided to put the house back on the market. We met with the agent on Saturday afternoon. I am excited about the prospect of selling now. We really weren't committed to the process last time. But Ive broken my emotional attachment to this house and I'm already planning my new kitchen! I'm going to have a pull out pantry this time, not a walk in. I love planning kitchens!

8 Comments:

At 4:45 pm, Blogger SeLiNa said...

Hey welcome back stranger ;)
So when you sell are you gonna build from scratch?? And in the same area?? The previous pics of your house look gorgeous, no wonder you're attached :)
So what you gonna be studying?? I don't know how you'll fit it all in!!!
xox

 
At 7:32 pm, Blogger Hilds said...

Wow Di sounds like you've got heaps going on at the moment, I hope it all goes well for you. Great news about the nationals, you are going to be awesome. That piccy of you with bubs is gorgeous, sounds like your getting very clucky!

 
At 10:56 am, Blogger Ali said...

It does sound like your a bit clucky :) What a lovely pic

My goodness you are going to be even more busy soon, have a great week and good luck with putting your house on the market,

Aliixx

 
At 1:19 pm, Blogger LizN said...

Hi Di, It's great to see you posting again :)

Clucky, eh? I think having kids is lifechanging, tough, but worth it :)

Hugs
Liz;0

 
At 1:41 pm, Blogger jodie said...

You do sound clucky Di! How cute is he? Good luck with selling your house, and have fun planning the new one!

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger Nic said...

Hi Di,
Thanks for your comments about my comp....I have a much better perspective now...was totally worn out after I think. You sound like you've got heaps going on. Good luck with your new prep.
Nic

 
At 9:51 pm, Blogger Splice said...

You look so natural holding the beautiful bub :-)
It's so easy to get clucky around little babies.

Im glad your going to do the Nationals. Good luck with your comp prep.

Deb

 
At 11:47 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

He's gorgeous Di! Youmust be a proud Auntie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home