Monday, April 30, 2007

WHAT A DAY!



Exhausting and exhilarating all in one! I am unbelievably wrapped to have placed 2nd in Open Figure at the INBA Brisbane Titles. All the girls in the line up were unbelievable and we were on stage for so long - turning, turning and turning some more. It was the toughest class of the day and everybody should be so proud of themselves. When I looked at the photos I named our class "The Battle of the Blondes!" 5 blonde girls! The lady who placed 1st was a stand out winner and she was so lovely. You could crack nuts on her butt it was so hard! And she didn't have shoulders, she had boulders : ) I think she got ripped for overall but that's just my opinion.
I actually couldn't believe I placed so high. I got all psyched out out the back. I was pretty much shitting myself! I was never doing another comp : ) All the fears subsided when I walked through the curtains and up onto the stage. I just love being on stage, it is the biggest buzz. Who'd want to be a drug addict when you can be a bodybuilder and get a high standing up there under those lights turning it on for the crowd?! I seriously love competing - that moment when you walk onto stage and hear your friends and family cheering for you is just indescribable. To hear your number called as a place getter is to me exhilaration. I love it and I'll do it again......I'm just not sure when : ) I honestly don't love all of the preparation process though. I'm not going to bullshit about that - a lot of that sucks for me, but it's worth it for the end result.
I had a very long day. I was awake from 2:00am, up at 3.30am for a 4.00am hair appointment. My hairdresser is a doll! The things she does for me. I had my hair styled very similar to my wedding hairstyle, I just loved it and was stoked with my presentation, which was a very different look from my last comp. It was all part of my surfy girl look which went was themed with my routine. I had 2 beach boys as my props carry me in on my surfboard. The routine was a huge hit with the crowd and I won the best posing award for the day. I was pretty wrapped with that - it all went as planned. When the guys started their dance moves the crowd absolutely ROARED! That was SO EXHILARATING! I really wanted to do something different - particularly as I have moved into helping others with posing and routine choreography.
A big group of us went out to Montezuma's for dinner. Yummy - then we had Baskin Robbins icecream for dessert. It was a truely top day and I shared it with so many of my loved ones. I will post more pics over the next few days. G and I are off to the Gold Coast tomorrow for 3 days of R & R. I'm having a week off training, working out a new training plan and then I'll start working on improving my condition for my next comp. I weighed in at 49.7kgs comp morning, which was exactly the same weight as a year previous - but with a substantially different body composition. Still lots of room to improve - and so "The Journey Continues"!

5 Comments:

At 8:15 pm, Blogger Miss Positive said...

Di you looked senstational on stage, so serene and calm, you were fantastic! Your routine was excellent and I felt sorry for whoever went on after you! How could they top that??!!

Hope you enjoy your well earned break, surfer girl!

Hilary xx

 
At 8:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go you good thing! You've done us damn proud Di. :o)

 
At 9:38 pm, Blogger jodie said...

You look gorgeous Di. I was absolutely hanging out to see pics, so glad you posted. I wish I had of seen your routine it looked fantastic!! Congratulations, very well done.
Love
Jodie
xx

 
At 10:09 pm, Blogger Sue Heintze said...

Awesome Di :) You are a role model for us all! Have so much to talk about...enjoy your time away. We are on the Goldy too!

 
At 10:10 pm, Blogger Sue Heintze said...

PS I hope someone got a photo of me presenting the trophy to you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home