Wednesday, April 25, 2007

4 more sleeps to go

Only 4 more sleeps to go till comp. I am laying in bed with my crippled husband tapping away on wireless internet. How great is technology?! G had to have procedure on his face yesterday to have a nasty cancer cut out. The reality of sun sense has seriously hit home. It is quite scary. He has 15 stiches that I can see and had to have a whole section of his lip removed. I'm so glad we caught it when we did otherwise it would have been a disaster.

I had the pleasure of meeting Deb, Alicia and Tracey in person on Sunday at the WNBF comp. It will be great to be joining them in the buzz and excitement of being on stage this weekend coming. All the girls looked so vibrant and beautiful! I was cheering for them all - not sure if you heard me girls : ) The look on Debs face when her win was announced was priceless - hope you managed to get a picture of that Deb! Alicia is just beautiful, and her stage confidence was outstanding. She really shone. Tracey absolutely sparkled on stage as well. I think she had one of the most beautiful costumes of the show. You should all be so proud of yourselves and what you have achieved girls!

Well I'm just biding time at the moment. I'm feeling ok about my condition. In my past preps I would still be getting up and going for a run at this stage! But I am just having a short walk for my cardios this week. I definitely still haven't reached my peak - so there's a reason to keep competing after this show : ) My butt is really loose, so I will be doing some serious lower body training in my next phase of training. Which will start AFTER a well earned break with my man on the Gold Coast. I am definitely leaner though and have improved my condition from my last comp so my goal has been achieved. I feel like I am so skinny though, it surprises me when I look at myself in the mirror.

Mr and Mrs Heintze have been staying with us since last Thursday. We have hardly seen each other! They are such a wonderful couple and I can't believe it will soon be 2 years since we were all together in the Barossa Valley enjoying their beautiful wedding in another 5 sleeps. How time flies. Life just passes so quickly.

I had a some fandangly body composition analysis done at the gym yesterday. Their is a naturopath who visits and does electronic analysis as well as iridology. So I thought I'd book in to see what condition the old bod was in. They go through a whole heap of things like lean muscle mass, fat mass, how efficiently your body is absorbing nutritients, hydration levels, biological v actual age. Well I was STOKED to learn what my age is. I turn 35 in less than 2 weeks but my body in only 29! Gotta love that! My body is running at 97% efficiency in regards to nutritient absorbsion which is excellent, I am underweight - well that's blood obvious! I misunderstood the fat reading percentage as it only applies to the internal fat surrounding your organs not the subcutaneous fat that body builders get obsessed with - and my healthy fat is way too low for optimal health which is why I am always cold. I am sensitive to dairy - which is why my flaky scalp won't clear and he recommended I do a dairy detox to help clear my lymphatic congestion. What that means is my body is absorbing the nutrients but when it comes the clearing out the toxins my body is all congested and is not eliminating them effectively because I have a backlog of buildup from my body spitting the dummy over dairy - those damn cappacinnos : )

So all in all it was very interesting. Today is the first day I don't have a zillion errands to run. I have this week off work thank goodness. I am going to organise my comp bag today so I don't have to do that at the last minute and I feel in control. It's just a matter of eating on time, drinking lots and waiting for the day to arrive!

14 Comments:

At 10:55 am, Blogger stacytoby said...

Hi Di, I hope your hubby is feeling well, skin cancer runs in my family too so I know too well of the stresses of it all! Wish I could see you all compete on the weekend, but will have to settle for some photos afterwards!!

 
At 10:58 am, Blogger LizN said...

Di, I will be sending my best wishes to you for this weekend. I'll definitely give you a call in the next few days to cheer you on.

Hugs
LIz;)

 
At 11:27 am, Blogger Kerry said...

Best of luck for the weekend Di.
Kerry

 
At 4:15 pm, Blogger jodie said...

Go Di! Wishing you all the very best for the weekend. Not long now. Sounds like you are in good form. Have fun and smile big!! Hope G is doing OK, pass on my get well wishes.
Jodie
xxx

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger Sam D-M said...

Wow, gee Di I hope hubby recovers soon!! Glad you found it early!

I wish you luck for the weekend, and look forward to hearing the results!!!!
Sam

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger Magda said...

Good luck for the weekend Di. I'll be eagerly awaiting results and pics.

Cheers

Magda

 
At 7:16 am, Blogger Miss Positive said...

Ouch hubby's face must be feeling a bit sore, hope he's feeling better!

Good luck for the weekend! (although I will be there to cheer you on in person!) and enjoy the rest of your week off work!

Hil xx

 
At 12:45 pm, Blogger bev said...

Good luck Di,not that I think you will need it.Cant wait to see pics.
Bev

 
At 4:31 pm, Blogger Tracey said...

Wow thanks for the comment Di. I can't wait till this weekend comes, we shall all have such a blast!!

 
At 6:43 pm, Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Di
Good Luck on the weekend.
Hope hubby is feeling OK - and that they managed to get it all.
Skin cancer is truely nasty!
Andjxx

 
At 12:01 am, Blogger Ali said...

I hope G is well and truly on the mend. All the very best for the weekend Di.

Alixxx

 
At 8:27 am, Blogger Hilds said...

BEST WISHES FOR SUNDAY! YOU WILL BE AWESOME!

 
At 11:05 am, Blogger Jodi said...

Glad to see your hubby caught the skin cancer in time. Very dangerous.

I just dropped in to wish you the very best for this weekend! You look sensational in all your previous photos so I can't imagine the improvements you have made!!!

BOL!

 
At 11:30 am, Blogger Michelle said...

Best of luck this weekend Di!!!

XX - Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home