Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back into the swing of things

Well as you can tell from my recent pictures, I have been doing a very good job of eating lots of crappy food choices! I have had 2 full weeks off the gym ..... and any type of sensible eating plan and I am officially a fat bloated whale : ) To be honest, I have completely enjoyed the freedom of the last 2 weeks. I have totally enjoyed every food choice I have made after be so disciplined for so long. But, it has all started to catch up on me now and it is time to pull the reins in and refocus on my goals for my health, fitness and physique.

So first day back at the gym I smashed my shoulders! Shoulders, abs and glutes will be the particular body parts that I will be putting a whole lot of energy into between now and my next comp.......still tossing up ideas about when that will be. I am heading down to Sydney in 2 weeks to cheer on Christy in her first comp and when I return from there I will be doing an 8 week challenge and rewarding myself with some professional photos.

Although I have "let myself go" over the last two weeks I'm actually quite proud of myself for being able to refocus at this point. I have struggled with refocussing after all of my comps and I think I've done really well to put things into action now.

I just finished my breakfast which is my favourite meal of the day. I had 1/3 cup oats cooked on water, after cooking I add 1/4 cup of all bran, 10 almonds, 15 frozen rasperries and pour over 1 serve of Chocolate MRM Meta Whey which I have buzzed up in my little rocket blender with ice cubes. Yummmmooooo : )

I could eat that for every meal......if only I wasn't watching my carb intake for the next 2 weeks! I went to the fish market last night and bought a kg of Pearl Perch. So delish, and I even had my chicken,bean and vegemite combo yesterday for lunch and couldn't believe how good it tasted! One of the ladies at work even commented on how great it smelt!

I'm not enjoying the later sunrises now that winter is almost on us. My gym is a 30min drive a way so it's a bit ridiculous driving that far twice a day. Just have to rug up and get moving in the dark. Arnie certainly doesn't mind walking in the dark.

Time to get ready for work now. Have a sensational day!

3 Comments:

At 12:25 pm, Blogger Maraina said...

Fantastic post Di. You absolutely deserve the two week break. Yes the mornings and evenings are getting darker but it's so refreshing eh? Enjoy your trip to Sydney!

Maraina

 
At 12:38 pm, Blogger Nat said...

Hi Di,

chicken vegemite bean combo? did I miss this recipe in the IBO recipe folders :) lol sounds interesting, may have to try it one day...

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Magda said...

Hello Di,

love the holiday pics and the fact you enjoyed eating crap food (I do too but should be staying away from it now!!)

I've been out cardioing in the dark since the end of January. Its not too bad and I'm quite used to it now. I even have my gloves, plastic jacket and cap ready for the winter chills...which will be fierce in Adelaide.

Cheers Magda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home