Monday, July 02, 2007

HO HUM

It is such a beautiful day today and I am at stinking ole work! You get that.

I am procrastinating like there is no tomorrow with my comp prep. Finding it very hard to get completely focussed again – which is why I had a year between my last comps. I worked out my train program today and printed out a copy to stick on my fridge. It is so much easier to get out of bed in the morning when it is summer. This comp prep in winter is down right dodgy! I don’t think I’d cope if I was in a southern state. It would be easier if I lived closer to my gym, but I’m a 30 minute drive away so morning cardio can be completed by the time I drive there and back.

I had a great weekend. We had an open house which went well and we spent some time on Saturday and Sunday looking at land for our next house. It is quite funny because after looking we have decided we really like the block across the road, so our agent is looking into that for us. If all goes to plan we will put a contract on that shortly, but we will have to wait a while before we build again.

We went down to the surf club yesterday afternoon and caught up with Penny, Tara and their families. That was great. I was really slack with my exercise over the weekend. We took Arnie down the beach on Saturday but Sunday I was a lazy bones and did no exercise. So I was up early this morning for a stair repeat session. I am seriously unfit at the moment, but by the end of my first month schedule I should be feeling a bit more vibrant. Off to the gym for shoulders and abs tonight. I love this workout!

I was really disappointed to find out my course has been postponed AGAIN. It will not start until 28th August – which is good from a comp prep point of view, but I am just chomping at the bit to get into it and get my business planning underway. We have a training day for our tanning business next weekend. So I have a few people lined up for tanning practise. I am really looking forward to next weekend. It is also Harry’s birthday on Saturday and Gerards birthday on Monday so we will be having a very full weekend. Then there really can be no excuses for not focussing 100% on my comp prep as Gerard is competing as well.

Well that’s all for now – over and out.

3 Comments:

At 3:45 pm, Blogger little rene said...

God I wish one of MY friends would open a tanning business Di!

They would never get rid of me ;)

 
At 5:23 pm, Blogger Tara said...

Hi Di, the surf club was great albeit a bit smokey and cold. hope my kids didnt do ur head in too much!! I am hanging out to go up Mt Coolum for a brisk walk, let me know if u fancy it. I haven't been up there yet. Perhaps we could get Penny along too? Good luck with the diet etc this week.

 
At 12:45 pm, Blogger Magda said...

Hello Di,

Having just started my 12 weeks comp prep in Adelaide I can vouch for the extra cold factor making it that much harder. Getting up at 5am to run outside, not eating enough and certainly no comfort foods, body fat getting less and less all makes you feel cold all of the time. Aaaah the life of a figure competitor!! :-)

Cheers Magda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home