Wednesday, January 10, 2007

That old feeling is back

Me onstage during my first figure comp. I placed 3rd in Novice Figure. The start of the competition addiction!


Well I was chasing up Alicia so I thought I'd better post too : ) Enjoying reading your posts Alicia!

Well Sunday was 16 weeks to the day till comp. And soon I will be saying 15 weeks. The weeks go so quickly there is no time to be complacent. I'm doing lots of things differently this comp. Firstly I'm starting my prep at 16 weeks, and I didn't allow myself to go on an all out eating binge over christmas in the lead up to dieting. My intention was to commence prep at a decent condition so I didn't have to cardio myself stupid and I could have a more "sensible" diet along the way.

I had my skinfolds taken on Monday. I was very pleased with the results. As I hold my fat in my lower body, there is only 1 measurement that I am really watching and that is my thigh. I didn't keep measurements of my last show, but for my October 2005 show, my thigh is only 5mm bigger than it was 2 weeks out from that show! So that is a great personal achievement for me. I will be diligent maintaining my stats this prep, they are a great tool to measure progress.

I started training with my new trainer last night. OMG I am so sore. I trained shoulders for a full hour. My first set of shoulder press was with my PB weight! After my 3rd set of machine shoulder press I realised I was pressing an extra 10kgs! I astounded myself with the weights I pushed. I feel very confident I am going to look smashing at this comp : ) Lots of people taking notice now that it seems to be public knowledge I am preparing for another show. All this is great motivation in itself.

I have to get my music sorted out so I can start choreographing my routine. It will be very different from the usual routine! I have an idea that I think will be pretty cool. I booked my hairdresser to do my hair the morning of the show. I must speak to the lovely Rach about doing my makeup again. She does such a good job. Have been thinking about a colour for my costume too which will all match my "look" for this show. I want to look different and theme everything to match my routine. So if you are wondering what it is you'll have to come along and watch the show : ) Only a couple of special people privvy to all the details!

So as it does, life becomes all consumed with comp stuff when preparing. I'll probably be posting a little less frequently but will ensure I make at least once a week to give you an update if you are interested in following my journey. Will be taking some training pictures at the gym soon and may even post some progress pics along the way.

Train Hard and Live Healthy
Cheers
Di

4 Comments:

At 1:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute photo, you have a cheeky grin on your face. :o)

 
At 1:49 pm, Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

LOL you sound as organised as me! But at least we won't be running around at the last minute in a mad panic trying to finish everything :D

It also sounds we are doing things very similarly.....I've got a theme for my music and bikini too!

xo

 
At 8:40 pm, Blogger Pip said...

Wow! This sounds EXCITING! I am enjoying reading of your doings and with how focussed you are with life and comp prep! YOU inspire and motivate me!

I've set myself a challenge where I need to show 'self control' in 2007, - in all areas of life but particularly fitness, nutrition, finances and organisation and dealing with them all at once. Your first comp date is my first date 'benchmark'. By then I'll make sure my body fat is under 25% and I've met some fitness targets and made some financial progress.

So I'll be checking up on you! - and let you know how I do as well!

Pip

 
At 8:24 pm, Blogger Sue Heintze said...

I just caught up! Some good chuckles :) You are very organised and I know you are going to do really well AGAIN this year :) Gerard is a big hunk of spunk in that pic, please tell him that. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home