Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday



Today's pic is of G with his lil girl. Like Mrs Heintze said he does love to get his picture taken with the girls! I had a really great weekend with the little princess. We did lots of things together. On Saturday we spent about 4 hours on the computer trying to crack this game! It is the Spirit game - you know that animated horse movie. It was so addictive! But we can't figure out how to get the coal out of the carriage to give to the man!

Saturday afternoon after G got home from work I went on a run. I was still very sore from my plyo workout but was determined to do a run, and I wanted to go for 1 hour. So I headed off at a very easy pace. It took 21mins 48seconds for the discomfort to eas in my legs! Yes exactly that time : ) So I continued trotting until 30 mins out at my turnaround point. I set myself a goal to get back home in less than the 30 mins out and this also included go up the mother of a hill to my house that I had the luxury of walking down when I set off! I thought 29min 30secs would be good. On the way back I did 3 minute working sets i.e. fun hard 3 mins, easy 3 mins etc. I got to the hill and power walked my heart off! I made it back home at 58mins 45 seconds. I was very pleased and suitably stuffed, kicked off my shoes threw my hat and fell into the pool!

Sunday I was in PAIN! I was so freaking sore! And as much as I like a bit of muscle soreness I don't like it that much Jodie : ))

I had a rest day from exercise on Sunday. Chelsea and I went down town and looked around the shops. Saw a gorgeous little brown labrador puppy, he was sooo cute. His name was Milo. Cooked up my chicken and rice portions whilst Chels cooked some cookies. And went to the movies with my man to see Pursuit of Happyness. It was a great movie but left me feeling very sombre afterwards.

Up early this morning took Arnie for a walk then went for a run on the hilly route which takes me past the beach. Got home woke G up and we went down the beach for a swim. I rang my boss and asked for the day off : ) So I am hanging out with the man today. He is training me this afternoon. We will do back.

So that's a rundown of my weekend. There is a beautiful breeze as I sit out on the back deck listening to the cycadas in the bush singing away. Aaah the serenity! Catch ya later.

7 Comments:

At 1:26 pm, Blogger Splice said...

Your insane ;-) Running and me don't mix. Give me a bike anyday!
Well done on the run, and pushing through the pain barrier for that amount of time.
It's great you enjoyed your weekend :-)
Deb

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger jodie said...

ooohhh your legs did sound quite sore :) well done of working through the pain.

Your weekend sounded lovely, and lucky you to have an extra day off!

 
At 9:42 am, Blogger Sam D-M said...

Doesnt hard core cardio rock!!

When you hurt that much at least you know it was worth it :-)

Sam

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Ali said...

YOUR on FIRE!! Awesome.

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend,Chelsea is such a cutie!!

Hope your training went wonderfully yesterday as well.

Ali xx

 
At 11:36 am, Blogger Magda said...

I love your freudian slip re that you (ran) "fun hard for 3 minutes, then slow for 3 minutes" hehehe

What a superb effort. Just think of all the calories burned :-)

Magda

 
At 12:51 pm, Blogger Di Broeren said...

I saw that when I reread Magda and thought it must have been my insane subconscious talking so didn't correct it!

 
At 8:17 pm, Blogger Sam W said...

Thanks for your great blog Di! Really great to hear how fit you are! Hoping the more I read it, the more you will inspire me. I think I lost my inspiration somewhere. I might have a clean up and will hopefully find it in an old jacket pocket or at the back of the wardrobe! Will search now!
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home