Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Rollercoaster



Todays pic is Mwah and the Lovely Mrs Heintze backstage at the INBA All Womens Show in July 2006. Check out my double chin : )


Well what have I been up to since I posted last? Lots of stuff! As with comp prep the roller coaster of ups and downs has started! G had the weekend off which was great as we had lots of time together. On Saturday we headed to the gym for a back workout. Well this was my first drop. I actually didn’t like him very much and wondered why the hell I’d agreed to let him train me. By the time we finished our first exercise (wide grip pull ups) I was nearly crying! I wanted to throw the towel in – how dare he push me out of my comfort zone. I can do close grip pull-ups unassisted why do I have to do wide grip?!!! Of course I was sooking but he “made” me do it and I was feeling fatigued after 4 sets. Then we trot over the lat pull down and he ups me for my form and drops my weights back to a “woosy” weight. Girls wanna look like hero’s too you know! So I copped a flogging and sulked through this and cable rows, finished with back extensions. How dare he make me double the weight plate that I hold when I do this exercise! I threw it on my last rep : ) What a rebel. I glared at him and thought how mean he was and then fell into the car exhausted. Thanks Honey, I Love You. XX Ok, the roller coaster is climbing out of the drop now : )

Sunday was a great day. I jumped out of bed early and got my cardio out of the way, we sat on the deck eating our breakfast “Ah the Serenity”, and then we lolled around the pool. I finished my Fattitude book and did a couple of chores around the house and we went for a date to the movies. I just loooove the cinema. I also love walking in and taking a big breath of that popcorn aroma. I don’t eat it anymore but boy it smells good : ) We saw the movie The Holiday with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black.

Weeeelllll – I never thought I’d want to do this, but I want to get my locks cut off! Camerons hair looked great. So after this comp I am going to get the chop chop. How easy will it be to do my hair?! It gets so damn hot drying and straightening my hair.

Monday back to work. I had the pleasure of meeting up with Liz in Mooloolaba. We chatted for ages and I was disgusted to have to return to work. We are getting together Friday afternoon for a leg workout. She’s going to ensure I have a plyo workout that kicks this lard from here to kingdom come! Then more work blah blah so boring. Wednesday morning I did a run with stair repeats. Here comes the next low – I was completely F’d afterwards. I even had to WALK home, couldn’t muster a jog. My blood sugar obviously crashed and I was shaky and dizzy, oh dear. So I think I will eat a small carb portion prior to this workout in future as it is extremely taxing. I came home and had to sit in the shower, once I’d eaten I was fine, jumping around as usual.

I am having a lot of trouble weening myself off my skinny cappuccino’s. Dooms day is coming, I am going to have to go cold turkey. God help me. I’ll have to make a pot of green tea as soon as I get to work. I’ve also decided that as of 12 weeks there will be NO FREE MEALS. So it will be all out. I’ve been very busy training, cooking working the day job and my Ideal Bodies Online work. I am scheduled to start college again on 30th January so will lose 2 nights a week again.

So that’s my update, check ya later!

7 Comments:

At 2:25 pm, Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

You have definitely been a busy girl Mrs B :D I'm doing the "no coffee" (well no latte's) thing this time too......its so hard! xo

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger SeLiNa said...

Yes, u sure have been busy!!
Had to laugh at you being cranky with G, I used to do that to my OH as well, cept a few times I really did throw a big tanty and refuse to go on... then I got up him for NOT making me finish!! LOL
xoxo
Still enjoying chicken?? ;)

 
At 4:44 pm, Blogger jodie said...

I chuckled with your recall of training with G... I can just picture it :) I don't like Ben telling me what to do either, when he coached me in softball I quit after the season never to return again to the sport... Something about husbands and coaching :)

 
At 5:18 pm, Blogger Splice said...

Great read Di :-)
I went off the skinny latte's last comp and have been drinking black coffee's ever since.
My next aim is to go cold turkey on the nuts!

I have had unassisted chin ups placed in my program also. I have no problem with palms facing forward and neutral hold, but come wide grip, well its so hard *boo hoo*.

But keep at it and you well get stronger :-)

Deb

 
At 5:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog today reminded me of myself and hubby when he first started training me, oh how I wouldn't go back to those days not even for a second. We can be such "drama queens" when we want to. LOL!! Trust me, it does get better. I listen to him implicitly now. :o) xx

 
At 9:51 pm, Blogger Ali said...

Ahh I haven't given up coffee all together, although I love macchiato's thanks to Sue introducing me to them :0)

Sounds like your going along wonderfully. Awesome read

Ali xxx

 
At 11:55 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

busy busy! Wish you were here to kick my A$$ into gear!!! xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home